Guiding is a game with a purpose. It provides opportunities for girls aged 10–14 to:
- be challenged by new adventures and experiences and achieve a sense of pride in accomplishment
- develop self-awareness, self-respect and self-confidence
- develop a personal faith and values to give life meaning and direction
- think for themselves, govern themselves and make their own decisions
- make friends and have fun in the family of Guiding
- develop a sense of tolerance, justice, kindness and honour, learn teamwork and acquire leadership skills, working with and for others
- appreciate the environment and how to live in it
- understand and learn about the world, its people and cultures
The Guide Unit in St John's Church meets on a Wednesday evening from 7 pm until 8.45 pm in the church hall. The girls enjoy games, crafts, badge work, team "go for its" and much more during each meeting. We also are keen to encourage the girls to take part in events organised by the Division and County including camps, concerts and adventure days etc.
If you would like more information please come along to the church hall on a Wednesday evening or contact Joyce Mackin (01563 524746) or Debbie McCard (01563 539297).